Shillong Cherry Blossom Vintage Earrings – Silver
Everyone needs an identity to feel a sense of togetherness, a symbol a community of something that binds them together.
After the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Cherry Blossoms were seen as deadly symbols – as something to fear because of the flower being painted on War planes as encouragement for the pilots who were off for war.
But when these pink, innocent flowers persevered and bloomed despite the effects of the radiation caused by the bombing, the people of Japan began to perceive the flower as a symbol of resilience, hope, as the short cycle of life and death and its significance.
We love following the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival which begins on Feb 4th of every year. The way this flower can bring together hordes of people by simply just blooming is so pure, fascinating and exactly what Nature intends to be for us.
|SHIPPING INFO||Dispatched in 10 business days|
|MATERIALS||Copper, bioresin, sundried flowers/leaves|
|CLOSURE/HARDWARE TYPE||stem with stoper|
|CARE FOR YOUR FLOWERS||Spot-Cleaning only. Store in pouch provided. Keep away from fragrance, water and direct sunlight.|
|RETURN POLICY||No Returns | Only Exchange | Please read return policy|
|MEASUREMENT||4 x 3 Oval|
- This is a handcrafted product and may have slight irregularities or imperfections such as bubbles, bumps, dents or dots.
- These irregularities are the result of the human involvement in the process and add to the finished products charm while ensuring you have a one-of-a-kind piece.
- The brass, copper metal is lead and cadmium free, which means no allergies, or green marks.
- The flowers are naturally dried and preserved to last for eternity.
- Colours of the flowers and leaves will not fade. They have been dried completely, so they will not wilt.
- The Botanicals used in our pieces are sourced ethically. We only use fallen flowers and leaves.
- All the pieces listed are 100% Handmade. We do not buy or re-sell. We believe in the Make in India
- The image is only representative of the actual piece you will receive as two flowers are NEVER the same shape, size or colour. But do not worry. There will only be mild differences.
There are no reviews yet.