A Passionate Walk Memory / Jewellery / Heirloom Box in Pacific Rosewood
How often does your mind wander back to a tender event or a precious moment from the past that we revisit over and over because it makes us feel all fuzzy and happy inside?
How many of us collect and treasure ticket stubs, boarding passes, flowers, leaves shells or anything significant that has a memory attached to it?
For us – the concept of memory boxes has been synonymous to privacy, memory rather than storage. It’s an emotion and feeling that exists only in your heart.
A small story about our Pacific Rosewood Memroy Boxes
After 2 long years, we visited our woodworking unit in Auroville. I walked in looking for the friendly face of Mr.K (name not revealed). Instead, I was greeted by his elder son whom I’d met in passing in 2019. I enquired about his father and he points to a garlanded, framed picture of Mr.K on the wall. I was dumbfounded . The ordeal did not end there. I learn from Sukumar (Mr.K’s son who is now managing the business) that his younger brother, aged 22 died of colorectal cancer. Mr.K, who had a history of heart disease could not recover from covid and passed away in an ambulance to Chennai a week after his younger son’s death. I was looking at a man, who lost half his family in a span of 2 weeks, one after the other determinded to keep the business going. We got down to work and made Memory boxes that hold incredible significance.
*please note – butterflies used in this were found when already passed.
2 in stock
|SHIPPING INFO||Dispatched in 5 business days|
|MATERIALS||Brass, epoxy resin, Pacific Rosewood, sundried flowers/leaves|
|CLOSURE/HARDWARE TYPE||Pad lock closure.|
|CARE FOR YOUR FLOWERS||spot-cleaning only, keep away from fragrance, water and direct sunlight.|
|RETURN POLICY||No Returns | Only Exchange | Please read return policy|
|MEASUREMENT||18 cm x 12 cm x 7 cm|
- This is a handcrafted product and may have slight irregularities or imperfections such as bubbles, bumps, dents or dots.
- These irregularities are the result of the human involvement in the process and add to the finished products charm while ensuring you have a one-of-a-kind piece.
- The brass, copper metal is lead and cadmium free, which means no allergies, or green marks.
- The flowers are naturally dried and preserved to last for eternity.
- Colours of the flowers and leaves will not fade. They have been dried completely, so they will not wilt.
- The Botanicals used in our pieces are sourced ethically. We only use fallen flowers and leaves.
- All the pieces listed are 100% Handmade. We do not buy or re-sell. We believe in the Make in India
- The image is only representative of the actual piece you will receive as two flowers are NEVER the same shape, size or colour. But do not worry. There will only be mild differences.